Infected Carrier + Nuke Questions

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
mrsandman321

Infected Carrier + Nuke Questions

Post by mrsandman321 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 am

So, my crew have tried for a few sessions now to take out an infected carrier. But we seem to never be able to really damage the thing.

We have since assumed that our ship isn't high enough level to damage it sufficiently, but we've thrown nukes at it, we've got a level 4 or so Keeper Beam plus some Level 8 guns (along with some lower level auto turrets). Every once in a while, a sliver of health goes down but then it's full health again. We just want to make sure it's a matter of maxing weapons and not something else?

Also, the nukes never seemed to do anything to the infected carrier. Perhaps my cremate who was handling it was doing something wrong, but even when detonated near the enemy, there was no damage? Can't tell if this is related to us, the weapons, or the infected carrier.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Infected Carrier + Nuke Questions

Post by Edinstein » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm

I can't recall anything specifically that would prevent nukes from damaging Infected Carriers. I'll move this to the bug reporting section so that we can keep it in mind when during our next bug fixing pass.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

EngBot

Re: Infected Carrier + Nuke Questions

Post by EngBot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Missiles and nukes seem to "miss" and not do any damage.

as for fighting the carrier, they seem to regen about 60 health per second, so its probably best to try fast firing weapons. charge speed and damage processors might help aswell
Breaker of all the things