Pilot UI Engine Power display

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Seikusa

Pilot UI Engine Power display

Post by Seikusa » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi,
It would be cool for the Pilot to have a display that shows the current percentage of available power.
So he can better judge how much maneuverability he has available.
Greets
When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money. :|

Mr. Morague

Re: Pilot UI Engine Power display

Post by Mr. Morague » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:05 pm

I could certainly see the use in having this, though the biggest concern would be where it would be placed without obstructing the pilot’s view too much.

To that end, I propose reactor heat and/or allotted power be displayed in a ring around the ship’s cursor (the cross that shows where the ship is pointed in pilot view) that changes in color, whereas Blue indicates low heat/high available power, which slowly changes to Yellow which indicates medium heat/available power available, which slowly turns to Red to indicate high heat/low available power, which turns black if the ship overheats or the reactor begins to meltdown.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri May 03, 2019 3:09 pm

I could also see us implementing something akin to this. We'd have to consider though if this removes a potential opportunity to communicate with the other crewmembers of the ship. I can't make any guarantees but I'll bring it up to our programmer!

Seikusa

Post by Seikusa » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 pm

When our Engineer suddenly changes my output and I wonder why i am not turning and then getting berated by the gunner to get the enemy into sight.^^
I guess we could ask the engineer to commicate his output adjustments more.
It always depends what kind of communication is wanted and what shall in a HUD.
Too much information that has to be conwayed could also be a problem. Hard to tell.
When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money. :|