Practical uses for QT, Rad and LF sensors

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
Ghost49X

Practical uses for QT, Rad and LF sensors

Post by Ghost49X » Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm

As of now what are the sensors other than EM used for? I know what they stand for, I want to know what sort of practical applications they currently have.

I'd also like to know what the goal is for practical uses of those sensors.

As a side question I'd also like to know what the math is for whether a sensor detects something and at what strength.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Practical uses for QT, Rad and LF sensors

Post by Edinstein » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Those sensor readings are considered more of a legacy feature. As with nearly every system in the game, it's gone through multiple iterations and changes, and currently the focus on QT, RAD and LF sensors has been dropped.

I'm sorry for the confusion. In a polish pass, we may take another look and see how we could re-integrate them, but if I were to guess I think we might just remove them.

EngBot

Re: Practical uses for QT, Rad and LF sensors

Post by EngBot » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:40 pm

I would love to be able to use the LF sensor to view the number of living crew on a ship and how many life forms are on a planet, and possibly more info with higher level sensors.

QT is kinda lost, since it seems tied to warp and maybe shields (already have that info). maybe have it be required for sensing QT shields being down?

RAD is mainly useless due to NPCs not having nukes most of the time, and not using them when they do.
Breaker of all the things