Sci-bot doesn't execute programs on Stargazer

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
xaoc1985

Sci-bot doesn't execute programs on Stargazer

Post by xaoc1985 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am

Hello. As an addition eng-bot does not use coolant at stargazer aswell.

EngBot

Re: Sci-bot doesn't execute programs on Stargazer

Post by EngBot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:37 pm

programs are strange, its probably best to look at the bots behavior for each program.
As for coolant, EngBot sucks at knowing coolant exists.

neither of these are tied to the stargazer. Blame the dev coded default behavior for SciBot, and the EngBot not knowing what coolant is.

For the devs: Please teach EngBot about coolant, even if he tends to use too much by default.
Breaker of all the things

xaoc1985

Post by xaoc1985 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:40 pm

The thing of the tred is Sci bot completely executes nothing at Stargazer. Zero. Even if i apply manualy command to use programm. On another ships it works fine.

Bleet
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Bleet » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:13 pm

I can second this issue, as of Beta 25.3.
My guess is that it's because the bots aren't standing within range of the screens when they should be manning their station. They instead tend to stand either in the ramp behind or near the communication screen on the left side of the bridge, opposite of the science/engineering panels, IIRC near the captain's chair. This issue especially creeps up when they get an order to not man their station, and then have troubles getting back to their screens.

It's not an issue with bot priorities (edit: at least, with how I have them set up). I've managed to do a solo playthrough on the Carrier with bots properly manning their stations. The science bot was running programs, and Engineering bot was adjusting power levels/coolant, all as expected.
However, they tend to glitch out on the Stargazer, and do not make any program/power adjustments or changes as if the screens/stations are unmanned.