Armor & Chaos

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
GangstaEarLobe

Armor & Chaos

Post by GangstaEarLobe » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Hello there, I actually have 2 questions if that is alright. Currently, I am not 100% sure how either the armor or chaos mechanics work and I was hoping to gain some deeper insight about them.

Firstly, what are the main causes and effects of increasing chaos levels. For instance, is there specific things players can choose to do that simply increases chaos level and/or does the chaos level just passively increase over time. Secondly, how does the armor stats work. I previously found an older post discussing this in depth but I wasn't sure if the information was correct or updated; so, I would like to know the math and mechanics behind armor.

Thank you very much for your time,
GangstaEarLobe

EngBot

Re: Armor & Chaos

Post by EngBot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Chaos: Increased slowly by destroying ships and warping around, and can be massively increased by stealing repairs. Devs might know more ways though.

Armor: every point of armor removes 1.4 points of damage, however beam weapons ignore 40% + 12.5 points of armor (the new interceptor's hull only has 20% ignored) and infected ignore 70% + 50 points of armor. however armor is limited to maxing out at 90% damage reduced at [300 | 513 | 10,050] for [normal | beam | infected]

Player ships also have an additional hidden safety value of 87.5 plot armor and gain 0.05 plot armor per 1% hull lost (only applies if the player ship has a hull)

Hope this helps
Breaker of all the things

GangstaEarLobe

Post by GangstaEarLobe » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 am

Thank you very much, this is very helpful. Although if I may ask, could you possibly go into more detail regarding the mechanic of armor peaking at 90% reduced damage?

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:53 am

It just means that you can't get 100% damage reduction
Breaker of all the things

GangstaEarLobe

Post by GangstaEarLobe » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 am

Ah alright, thank you. Just out of curiosity, how did you find these specific values?