VR UI - Cannot click

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
tbookout

VR UI - Cannot click

Post by tbookout » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:19 am

Beta 26.2 via Steam.
Playing on Vive Index, with knuckles.

When game first starts, cannot interact with any UI buttons. The laser pointer shows from the left controller. However no trigger or button press is registered.

Issue is reported by other users on Steam forums as well.

HarryB

Re: VR UI - Cannot click

Post by HarryB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 pm

This same issue is affecting my friend who just purchased the game during the steam sale. He's using Windows Mixed Reality headset and controllers and is also unable to save changes to the bindings to fix it himself. Here's the steam thread where quite a few users all have this same issue, with varying VR devices:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/252870/d ... 230913847/

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the issue

Could anyone confirm that they are still experiencing this in Beta 27?

We have made many changes and hoped to have addressed this issue but haven't been able to confirm / replicate it on our side.

If you do experience it, could you send us an output log file too? Instructions: http://www.pulsarthegame.com/sending-an-output-log-file

Detank2002

Post by Detank2002 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 am

can confirm this is still hapening in beta 28 and i believe it is cause in settings its just straight up missing the vive wands binding only oculus touch controllers apear (in my case) aswell as in the config file the vive wand controller is also missing

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Detank2002 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 am
can confirm this is still hapening in beta 28 and i believe it is cause in settings its just straight up missing the vive wands binding only oculus touch controllers apear (in my case) aswell as in the config file the vive wand controller is also missing
Sorry for the issue, thanks for the info

Are you using Windows Mixed Reality with the Vive wands or running through SteamVR?

You should be able to use the SteamVR Input interface to rebind the Vive controllers.
It should automatically pop up when the Controls menu is opened

Perhaps that doesn't trigger if you aren't actively using SteamVR, I'll look into that

I will try and look into this shortly and I hope to improve this experience before too long