Changing Infected Carrier Combat

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Mr. Morague

Changing Infected Carrier Combat

Post by Mr. Morague » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 am

Now that we have bounty hunters that can follow us into Infected sectors, it may be time to slightly change how carriers deal with threats.

The first problem I see is that Spore Turrets will Target the player ship regardless of any other ship there. I think this is fixed relatively easily, they just need to follow whatever ship the carrier was targeting when the Spore launched.

The next problem I see is that Spores seem to travel through space slowly, but speed up as they get closer to players. This is all well and good, except that it allows players to get off a good number of shots since the carrier won’t move much but the player will generally try to keep away. I suggest that carriers gain tentacles and try to keep ships in the middle of the range for those tentacles, in addition to making Spore travel generally faster across a sector.

Another problem I see is that Spore Turrets aren’t very useful against ships without an interior. This is because their main strength is inserting Infected Crawlers into a ship to wreck havoc, but how will they be able to wreck havoc on a ship with no interior? I think that if a Spore hits a ship that it cannot inject Infected into it should randomly deal damage to systems over time.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.

EngBot

Re: Changing Infected Carrier Combat

Post by EngBot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:48 pm

I think the Bounty Hunter shouldn't be suicidal and entering infected sectors at all, no amount of money should be worth that.
Breaker of all the things

Mr. Morague

Re: Changing Infected Carrier Combat

Post by Mr. Morague » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:02 pm

True enough, but these could be used for other scenarios, namely an Infected Carrier assaulting an uninfected sector, or if they decide to implement a faction or ships dedicated to combating the Infected.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.