Random AI deaths on W.D. Annihilator, coolant/reactor safety Engbot priority system bug, and scrap level points bug

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
xxwarrior123

Random AI deaths on W.D. Annihilator, coolant/reactor safety Engbot priority system bug, and scrap level points bug

Post by xxwarrior123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:00 am

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: 29.2
Date and Time Encountered (06/08/20, 22:21)
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): None
Severity: Medium
Description of Bug: Bots die randomly in W.D. annihilator, IDK how to make engbot adjust coolant to high or low pump because IDK the connection between reactor safety/coolant priorities, and leveled scrap don't produce increased amounts of scrap which might be a bug?
Steps to Reproduce:
For AI death: play with bots on W.D. Annihilator
For coolant/reactor safety system: mess with Engbot priorities
For scraps levels bug: process scrap bought from scrapyards that have a level above 1
Possible Workaround: There seems to be none
Notes:

BUG: AI Death on Ships

So I've noticed that my bots keep on dying in the ship every time we just warp into a sector. I don't know why that happens but it might be a physics problem with the bots. The bots that die the most are the Pibot and Weapbot and I have only confirmed this on the W.D. Annihilator.

Problem/suggestion: Coolant and Reactor Safety

Thanks to the newest update, you guys really did well on the AI priorities overhaul and I'm thankful most of our AI's are more reactive to their situations. My only problem so far is with the Engbot. I''ve been tinkering around with the coolant and noticed that there is a priority for the coolant called "Keep coolant reserves" and the "Reactor Safety".

Now I'm wondering how and when the Engbot decides to adjust the pump control from "low" or "high" and when its turned off. I know that "keep the coolant reserves" turns on the pump but it doesn't adjust it high until the reactor temperature is over 90 percent. In other words, the Engbot doesn't really make use of all of the coolant that I have so I was wondering if it was a bug or if I had something wrong with my priorities.

My SUGGESTION on the coolant problem was to just remove the coolant reserves and create three priorities for the different pump controls: "off", "low", and "high". It doesn't solve everything and it most likely will create problems with each other but at least we can tinker with the Engbot better.

Bug: Scrap levels have no benefits

I went to scrapyard in my W.D. Annihilator the other day and I noticed that all scrap no matter what level they are all give me one scrap point. I don't know why that is but there's really no point of buying level 2 scrap from the scrapyard if they don't increase the amount of scrap processed anyways.
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4030U
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 @ 2GB
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard:
HDD: 3 TB Western Digital
SSD: ---

EngBot

Re: Random AI deaths on W.D. Annihilator, coolant/reactor safety Engbot priority system bug, and scrap level points bug

Post by EngBot » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:23 pm

I don't know much about the bots.

"Keep coolant reserves" seems to run low and high coolant, but I agree that having the dots change to fit the priority would be nice since some only require 1 point

The scrap levels are there for the cost increase
Breaker of all the things

xxwarrior123

Re: Random AI deaths on W.D. Annihilator, coolant/reactor safety Engbot priority system bug, and scrap level points bug

Post by xxwarrior123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:03 pm

for Engbots AI priorities, I want to figure out a way for the engbot to switch only to high coolant when the reactor temp is above 80 percent. My suggestion was to just break up the keep coolant reserves as a separate thing into three priorities base off of the pump control: "high", "low", and "off" coolant.

for scrapyards, what's the point of a cost increase in scrap if it doesn't give you a benefit compared to a normal scrap? At least you get scrap but it's better to just get level 1 scrap

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:04 pm

For the EngBot: If you set the Priority to have max when not above 80 the bot should ignore coolant

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Reactor safety: "Higher importance will cause the AI to take less risk with power management"
Keep Coolant Reserves: "Higher importance will cause the AI to use LESS coolant"

xxwarrior123

Post by xxwarrior123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:38 pm

I did what you said, it seems there really is a set program in place as to when the engbot uses the coolant... I guess I'll just go with this for now.

xxwarrior123

Post by xxwarrior123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:03 am

So it barely used coolant even though I min maxed the settings you talked about. I really have no idea how they use the coolant but at least its being used though

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks for the reports and feedback

I'll try to address the AI crew deaths as reported soon
I'm thinking about the feedback about the priorities, thanks for your input

I might be able to improve or add to the options for the EngBot power management in another AI pass, it's not a bad idea