Playing with a HOTAS: The boost is not usable.

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
VoltDriver

Playing with a HOTAS: The boost is not usable.

Post by VoltDriver » Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 pm

---------------------------
Bug Report
----------------------------
Game Version: Beta 31.03
Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): 14-05-2021, 9:13 PM
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): None
Severity: Medium
Description of Bug: When playing PULSAR using a HOTAS (Joystick and Throttle, model of reference X52), the boost is not rebindable to any keys. Instead, it is activated when "double tapping" a direction forward or backwards. So I have to push my throttle, then pull it back, then push it forward again to activate the boost forward. It makes the boost completely unusable and makes playing with a HOTAS not feasible either.
Steps to Reproduce: 1) Go in game with a joystick and throttle plugged in. Enter as pilot.
2) Enter the station to fly the ship
3) Get in Fixed camera mode
4) Push your throttle forward to go forward
5) Pull your throttle backwards to go backwards, but very quickly push it back forward to go forward again
6) Boost is activated.
Possible Workaround: None. You just can't play with a HOTAS.
Screenshots and/or Video:
Notes: It is incredibly frustrating and this single bug made me create an account on here.
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: Intel i7 9700k
GPU: RTX 3080
RAM: 32 GB 3200mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite
HDD: None
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Playing with a HOTAS: The boost is not usable.

Post by cptslog » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Sorry for the issue, thanks for the detailed report

We will be updating the default HOTAS bindings soon to add the pilot boost as a customizable binding to the various controller layouts

In the meantime, if you want to edit your bindings file yourself, you can add this new action to the layout of your choice:

Code: Select all

<action name="Pilot Boost" id="pilot_boost">
        <key id="none" alljoysticks="true" sensitivity="1" offset="0" deadzone="0.05" clamp="True" invert="False" />
        <key id="none" alljoysticks="true" sensitivity="1" offset="0" deadzone="0.05" clamp="True" invert="False" />
      </action>