Constant Disconnects from Photon

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
darlandra

Constant Disconnects from Photon

Post by darlandra » Sat May 29, 2021 12:14 am

I am only able to stay online for 10-15 minutes at a time.
I have tried playing on 3 different hosts.
Each time I can stay in for 10-15 minutes and am then disconnected, and then have to wait 5-10 minutes to attempt to connect again as I will be told I am disconnected from photon an unable to connect to master server.
Restarts of pular and steam do NOT fix this.
I am not running a firewall
I have no antivirus active

Edit:
From the output logs I have, this seemed of interest according to photon documentation:
TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenDispatching:260
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenSending:167
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

and

TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenDispatching:664

TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenSending:251
and
TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenDispatching:1105

TrafficStatsGameLevel.LongestDeltaBetweenSending:290

Does this indicate an issue on my side, and does this indicate the game cannot be played in the future?

Edit: I have now attempted to host a game, I never had a player enter the game, only me and bots and I was still kicked from photon. This makes 12 kicked games in a row. As is,
Ping test to google shows i have (due to me using a cellular service for internet in the country side) has me having period ping spikes for a packet or 2 into the 300-500 range, but the spikes are only enough for a single ping test to reflect the spike.

Is photon that sensitive to spikes? As it stands, this is game breaking. 10 minute gameplay runs with 10 minute downtimes in between for no observable reason just doesnt cut it.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Constant Disconnects from Photon

Post by cptslog » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Sorry for the issue, thanks for the report

Could we get some more info on your connection speed / type? Is it DSL, fiber, mobile?

If you haven't done so recently, verifying your game cache might help fix a missing / corrupted file. Instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

In addition, if you're running Windows, it might be worth it to do a system file check. This link can help walk you through that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ted-system

We would like to see the entire player log if possible, could you email that to us? Email to: team@leafygames.com

Let us know if none of the above helps and you continue to experience the connection issues.

Hope we can help get this sorted out very soon